- 2 medium squash, summer
- 2 cup macaroni pasta, dry
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 ounce cream cheese, low fat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, jarred
- 2 cup blueberries
- Rinse and chop squash. Place it in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until squash is soft.
- Transfer squash to a blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pasta as directed on package for al dente.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the flour and heat until bubbly, stirring constantly to avoid burning. Add milk and stir again until bubbly.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of squash purée. Add cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Add salt, spinach, and roughly chopped artichokes. Stir and heat through.
- Add in cooked pasta and stir to coat evenly.
- Serve with blueberries on the side.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 763mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g