This classic Italian dish is full of chicken, vegetables, tomatoes and herbs- and is slow cooked for maximum flavor. This is sure to become a family favorite!
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 8 ounce rotini pasta, whole wheat, dry
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup blackberries
- Slice peppers and onion. Mince garlic.
- Cut up chicken and toss with the Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and red pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the seasoned chicken, and cook until it has seared slightly on all sides. Transfer chicken to a slow-cooker.
- In the same pan, add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil and add the peppers, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables have softened slightly. Transfer the mixture to the slow-cooker.
- Add the pasta sauce and bay leaf to the slow-cooker. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours, until chicken is tender.
- When ready to serve, prepare pasta according to package directions. Toss the pasta with a bit of the sauce first, then top with the chicken, peppers and onion.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve blackberries on the side