- 1 (~3 lb roast) chicken, 3 lb roaster
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 16 spear ASPARAGUS
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium lemon
- 3 medium orange
- 1 none cooking spray
- 4 small rolls, dinner, wheat
- Line the bottom of a slow cooker with 4 balls of foil just big enough to hold the chicken up so that it does not sit in its juices while cooking.
- Combine paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and rub into flesh of chicken. Place chicken on top of foil balls, and cook on high for 4 -4 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature has reached 165°F.
- Just before chicken has finished cooking, prepare your asparagus: Rinse well and snap off ends. Place on foil or a baking pan and brush with coconut oil. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange onto asparagus, and top with zest of the lemon.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add asparagus and cook until crisp-tender (approximately 8 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Place chicken on a large platter and allow to sit for 5 minutes before carving. Slice remaining oranges into wedges.
- Serve chicken with asparagus, dinner rolls, and orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 569kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 69g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 1000mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 6g