- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 2 pound turkey, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste, canned
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 cup water
- 29 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 3 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 6 ounce pasta, shapes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 medium pear
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with foil and drizzle with coconut oil to help keep the meatballs from sticking.
- Mince mushrooms, shallot, sweet potato, and cilantro; add to a large mixing bowl along with beef, fish sauce, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly with your hands. Shape into golf ball sized meatballs and line them up on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until no longer pink in the center.
- While meatballs are baking, add water, tomatoes (along with the liquid), broth, Italian seasoning, and pasta to a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add half the meatballs and heat through. (Note: You are going to have about 30 meatballs. After cooking, remember to place about half of them aside to be used for lunch the next day).
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, and with pear slices on the side.
Calories: 472kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 470mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g