- 2 clove garlic
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 3/4 medium onion
- 2 cup, cubes Squash, winter, hubbard, raw
- 1 1/2 pound turkey, ground
- 2 large egg white
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, seasoned
- 4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp, whole fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 none cooking spray
- 5 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 15 ounce great northern beans, canned
- 1 cup green peas, frozen
- 8 ounce rotini pasta, whole wheat, dry
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mince garlic, dice tomato, and chop onion (3/4 cup worth). Peel, seed, and cut 8 ounces of hubbard squash (or other winter squash) into 3/4 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Combine turkey, egg whites, bread crumbs, 2 cloves minced garlic, 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, fennel seeds, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- Shape turkey mixture into 36 meatballs.
- Place meatballs in lightly greased baking pan and bake 15-20 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in the center. Drain on paper towels. (Reserve 18 meatballs for another day in an air tight container in the refrigerator.)
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Cook and stir onion, squash and remaining 2 minced garlic cloves about 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add remaining 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth (3, 14.5 ounce cans), beans, tomatoes and peas; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered, 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and simmer, uncovered about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add meatballs during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with parsley.
Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 1763mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g