- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 12 ounce salmon
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, raw
- 2 medium grapefruit
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Cook rice as directed on package.
- Mix garlic powder and basil in a small bowl and then rub onto salmon. Place onto a foil lined baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until fish flakes when pulled with a fork.
- Trim the bottom two inches off the asparagus; discard ends. Toss the asparagus with olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast the asparagus for 10 minutes, stirring once halfway through roasting.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small skillet over medium heat, until just browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Toss the asparagus with the browned butter, salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Serve with salmon, rice and grapefruit wedges.
Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 352mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g