Baked Onion Rings Recipe
Even kids who may be hesitant about trying onions, may go for some baked onion rings!
The onion cutting is probably something you want to do yourself, but the rest of the steps the kids can help with.
Step 1: Cut onions into rings
Step 2: Dip onion rings in egg wash
Step 3: Dip onion rings in seasoned bread crumbs
Step 4: Bake onion rings!
|Baked Onion Rings||
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large onions
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Combine bread crumbs, seasoned salt, and garlic powder, and set aside.
- Combine eggs, and beat till frothy
- Slice onions into rings.
- Dip onion rings into egg mixture, and then into bread crumbs.
- Arrange in single layer on a baking sheet (sprayed with cooking spray).
- Bake in oven at 375 for 20 minutes.
Onions are a great vegetable to add to your child’s diet!
They are high in antioxidants, dense in nutrients and low in calories.