- 8 ounce fettuccine pasta, dry
- 1 medium lemon
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 cup spinach
- 2 medium orange
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve the liquid; set aside covered.
- Grate 1 teaspoon of lemon rind and add to ricotta cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside covered.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Chop pepper and add to skillet; saute for 2-3 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and chopped walnuts. Slice or mince garlic, add to skillet and saute for 1-2 minutes. Stir in 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tablespoon juice of lemon; add pasta, 1/4-1/2 cup of reserved pasta water, spinach, and the ricotta cheese; cook for 1 minute while stirring and allow spinach to begin wilting and cheese to be heated through. Remove from heat.
- Serve with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 357mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g