With just a handful of ingredients, you can create this simple but fun Halloween treat! The homemade jam is so easy- and healthy! You’ll definitely want to add these to your Halloween menu this year.
Raspberry Chia Vampire BitesPrint Pin Rate
- 3 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 shell puff pastry, frozen, ready-to-bake
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese, low fat
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a a medium sauce pan, combine raspberries, honey and chia seeds. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a low boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the raspberries break down and the mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a circle dough cutter or press, cut out as many circles as will fit on the dough.
- Place 1 tsp of cream cheese in the center of each circle and spread around with the back of a spoon.
- Next, place 1 tsp of the raspberry mixture on top of the cream cheese.
- Fol circle in half and press edges with a fork, leaving 2 very small openings for the ‘teeth’.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place 2 ‘teeth’ in the edges of each pastry to look like vampire teeth. Serve warm.