With just a handful of ingredients, you can create this simple but fun Halloween treat! The homemade jam is so easy- and healthy! You’ll definitely want to add these to your Halloween menu this year.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a a medium sauce pan, combine raspberries, honey and chia seeds. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a low boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the raspberries break down and the mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using a circle dough cutter or press, cut out as many circles as will fit on the dough.
- Place 1 tsp of cream cheese in the center of each circle and spread around with the back of a spoon.
- Next, place 1 tsp of the raspberry mixture on top of the cream cheese.
- Fol circle in half and press edges with a fork, leaving 2 very small openings for the ‘teeth’.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place 2 ‘teeth’ in the edges of each pastry to look like vampire teeth. Serve warm.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie