- 2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 4 stalk green onion
- 4 clove garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 large egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 medium hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 1 cup guacamole
- 8 leaf outer lettuce
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 4 cup watermelon
- Cook 2 cups quinoa as directed on package. While cooking, dice green onions, garlic and onion.
- Cool the quinoa and mix with parmesan cheese, eggs, bread crumbs and soy sauce, in a large mixing bowl; add diced veggies and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drop 1/4 cup sized balls into a hot frying pan with a small amount of olive oil and smash them flat with a spatula. Cook one side until browned (about 4 minutes) then flip carefully with a spatula and let the other side cook until crisped up. Continue to cook, adding olive oil as needed, until all of the quinoa mixture has been used.
- Serve a bun smeared with guacamole, topped with lettuce and a slice of tomato; watermelon on the side.
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 505mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g