- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, gluten free
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, cider
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 medium pear
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Steam broccoli.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink, stirring often.
- In a small bowl or a measuring cup, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, minced garlic, vinegar and cornstarch. Whisk together until there are no cornstarch lumps. Add sauce to chicken and cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens into a shiny glaze.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with rice, steamed broccoli and pear slices.
Calories: 504kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 1112mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 32g