As a mom, lunch is the hardest meal of the day for me to make. I’m usually busy doing things and hate to stop and take a lot of time to make a meal. For a lot of moms that I know, they have some kids in school and some at home which means they are really make 2 lunches everyday! The solution: A meal that can be packed and also one that can be eaten at home. These taquitos will satisfy all your lunch needs!
Begin by making the filling. Plain Greek yogurt, salsa, chicken, and taco seasoning. The great thing about this is that you can use leftover chicken breast. I used home canned chicken which works great also. All that matters is that your chicken is already cooked because it makes assembling these super fast.
After you have your filling all mixed up, warm your tortillas in between 2 damp paper towels for about 1 minutes. This prevents them from splitting when you roll them up.
Place a small amount of filling inside your tortilla.
Roll it up…….and bake it in the oven at 375 degrees F for 15-17 minutes or until crispy and brown.
Serve them up with sliced avocado, your favorite salsa, diced tomatoes, and whatever else your little heart desires. These can be packed in a lunch and are delicious eaten even cold!
Quick Lunch TaquitosPrint Pin Rate
- 2 can (5 oz) yields chicken, canned
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 3 ounce cheddar cheese
- 8 medium tortillas, corn
- 2 medium mango
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, salsa, Greek yogurt, taco seasoning, and shredded cheese. Mix to combine.
- Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Dampen 2 paper towels, and place tortillas between them. Microwave for about 1 minute, until tortillas are warm and pliable.
- Place one tortilla flat on a clean dry surface (keep the rest between the paper towels), and spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons filling onto the tortilla. Spread it evenly across the entire surface, and roll the tortilla up tightly, Secure with toothpicks, if needed, and place seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Bake in the oven until crispy, 15-17 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve with salsa and mango on the side.