Peanut Butter & Jelly MuffinsPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 10 2 muffins
- 18 standard cupcake liners
- 2 1/2 cup pastry flour, whole wheat
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup peanut butter, all-natural
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg
- 2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup jam, all-fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place liners into muffin pans.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix sugar, oil, peanut butter, and vanilla; blend well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs; pour into the peanut butter mixture and blend well.
- Add half the flour mixture and half the milk into the creamed mixture; gently mix. Add remaining flour and milk and mix again until blended; avoid over mixing.
- Fill each muffin cup 1/4 way with batter. Add a dollop of jelly, then fill to 3/4 full with batter. Should make approximately 1 1/2 dozen muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of one muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.