- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce, gluten free
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, rice wine
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 2 cup pineapple
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Add 1/4 cup cornstarch to a shallow dish. In a separate dish, whisk egg.
- Add 1/4 cup cornstarch to a large ziplock bag.
- Dip chicken in the dish with cornstarch, then into egg wash, and finally add to the ziplock bag. After all the chicken has been added to bag, sprinkle in the remaining 1/4 cup cornstarch and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, add 3-4 tablespoons of oil and heat over medium-low.
- Once hot, add chicken, without overlapping, and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. Cook until golden brown and no longer pink in the center.
- As chicken cooks, place finished pieces onto a paper-towel lined plate to eliminate excess oil. Repeat until all the chicken has been cooked.
- For the sauce, combine 1 tablespoon oil and 2 teaspoons cornstarch in a medium-sized saucepan. Whisk while cooking over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, pepper flakes and 1/2 cup orange juice. Continue to whisk until it begins to thicken. Add 1/4 cup orange juice and whisk again until thickened.
- Add the remaining orange juice, whisk and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes. Cook until you are able to coat the back of a spoon; watch carefully.
- Steam broccoli by adding a small amount of water to a saucepan. Add broccoli and cover. Heat over medium and allow to soften and heat through.
- Place chicken into sauce, toss to evenly coat.
- Serve chicken with rice, steamed broccoli and pineapple.
Calories: 806kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 129mg | Sodium: 566mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 21g