- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalk green onion
- 2 teaspoon ginger root, fresh
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, rice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cup, chunks pineapple
- In a small bowl, mix together the shrimp and cornstarch. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to skillet and swirl it around, coating the pan. Stir-fry shrimp for 4 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the same pan. Chop green onions, grate ginger, and mince garlic; add to pan. Stir-fry for 30 seconds and then and to the shrimp on the side.
- Add broth and rice to the pan and bring to boil; chop broccoli and add to the pan once liquid is boiling. Turn heat down, cover, and simmer 20-25 minutes until rice is tender and liquid has absorbed. If the liquid evaporates too quickly, add a bit of water or more broth 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add in soy sauce, vinegar, and honey, along with the shrimp and onions. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Top each serving with a bit of pineapple, or serve as a side.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 182mg | Sodium: 1055mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g