- 4 medium potato, red
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, brown, Italian, or Crimini
- 3/4 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cup green peas, frozen
- 1 medium lemon
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup milk
- Peel potatoes; leave whole and toss them in a crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium. Finely chop onion and garlic, or add to a food processor and pulse. Add to hot oil and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Toss into skillet with onion. Cook for 5-7 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl, allowing to cool.
- Add the raw beef, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to the mushrooms and onions; mix well. Scoop into muffin cups and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until internal temperature reads 160°F and beef is no longer pink in the center.
- Steam peas. Stir in 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Mash potatoes with 2-3 tablespoons of butter and 1/4 cup of milk. (Add more liquid if potatoes are too thick).
- Serve meatloaves with peas and potatoes on the side.
Calories: 518kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 578mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g