- 3 cup green beans
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 3 clove garlic
- 4 medium carrot
- 4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 can (6 oz) tomato paste, canned
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 3 cup great northern beans, canned
- 2/3 cup couscous, dry
- 3 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- Snap beans, chop bell peppers, mince garlic, and slice carrots.
- In a large microwave safe bowl put in oil, garlic, snap beans, chopped peppers, and carrot slices. Mix so the vegetables are coated in oil.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add tomato paste, chicken broth, and navy beans and mix together. Microwave for another 5 minutes.
- Add couscous and let sit for five minutes until couscous absorbs moisture and pumps. (May require additional microwaving if your soup is not hot enough.)
- Serve hot and top with Parmesan cheese and artisan bread.
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 836mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 10g