Kid-Friendly Baked TofuPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 ~ 4 ounces tofu
- 1 block Tofu, extra firm, prepared with nigari
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place a clean, absorbent dish towel on a plate. Drain the tofu, and cut into 2-3 large slabs. Place the slabs on the towel. Drape a second towel on top of the tofu, and place a heavy cutting board on top, to press the remaining liquid out. Let rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. (If you have a convection option on your oven, preheat the convection setting to 375 F.)
- Cut tofu into cubes, and place in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and toss lightly.
- Add corn starch, ginger, garlic, and salt to the cubes, and gently toss until coated.
- Spread the cubes evenly on a light-colored cookie sheet, and bake 15 minutes. Turn the cubes, and cook an additional 15 minutes, or until the tofu is crispy and golden-brown. Serve immediately with rice, noodles, and/or your favorite stir-fried veggies.