Baked Shells and Cheese with Cauliflower
- 16 ounce pasta shells, dry
- 1 head large (6-7″ dia.) cauliflower
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 stalk green onion
- 1 fruit (2-1/8″ dia) lemon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, part skim milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, fresh
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Boil pasta according to package instructions; drain and rinse briefly in cool water, then set aside.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large (12-inch) oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook five minutes, stirring frequently, until starting to brown.
- Add the pasta to the skillet, along with zest from the lemon, minced garlic, chopped scallions, paprika, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and the shredded Mozzarella cheese. Toss to combine.
- Scoop ricotta cheese in small dollops over the top of the pasta mixture. Then sprinkle Parmesan cheese, parsley, and bread crumbs on top.
- Place skillet into the oven and bake 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and top of the pasta is golden brown.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie