Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- 4 drumstick with skin chicken drumsticks
- 4 thigh with skin chicken thigh, bone-in
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 slice, thin onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, canned
- 1 can diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 4 teaspoons thyme, fresh
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 2 tablespoons Capers, canned drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute, and add the olive oil to the pot. Season chicken with salt and pepper and sear in the Instant Pot until golden brown. Remove and set on a plate.
- Add onion and smashed garlic cloves to the Pot and saute until soft and translucent. Add tomato paste and stir for two minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, chicken broth, thyme, olives, and capers.
- Return the chicken to the Instant Pot, lock the lid, and set the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” setting for 25 minutes.
- Release pressure manually, then remove the lid with care. Remove the chicken and set aside. Turn on the saute setting and simmer the sauce an additional 10 minutes, until the sauce reduced to about a pint. Add chopped parsley and lemon juice, then pour over chicken.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or polenta.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie