Instant Pot Chicken ParmesanPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 4 ounces cooked
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 ounce Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 large egg white
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 24 ounce tomato sauce
- 6 ounce mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow dish, mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. In a separate bowl, add the egg whites and whisk together.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg whites, and then dip into the breadcrumb mixture, covering both sides. Set chicken aside on a clean plate.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil into Instant Pot and turn it to the sauté setting. Once hot, saute chicken until lightly browned on each side.
- Pour tomato sauce over chicken and set Instant Pot to manual setting or the pressure cook setting, for 15 minutes. Turn valve to the sealed setting and allow to naturally release once chicken has cooked. Chicken should no longer be pink and have reached a temperature of 165 degrees F.
- When the seal has fully released, shred cheese on top of chicken. Place lid back on Instant Pot to allow cheese to melt.