- 8 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and salt for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened and lemon-colored.
- Coat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet with cooking spray; add oil, then pour in the eggs. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat or until puffed and lightly browned on the bottom.
- Transfer to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until a knife inserted 2 inches from the edge comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, dice tomato, zucchini, onion, and green pepper. Add to a large skillet, season with Italian seasoning, and sauté until tender.
- Score the center of the omelet with a knife, then run the knife around the edges to loosen. Place the vegetables on one side of the omelet and sprinkle with cheese; fold the other side over, covering the filling.
- Slide onto a serving plate and cut into quarters.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 386mg | Sodium: 389mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g