Trying to include fruits and/or vegetables at every meal requires us to get creative! One of those fruits I want to include more of this spring is fresh pineapple!
Pineapple is great because it benefits:
- Immunity! 1 cup of pineapple has 131% the daily value of vitamin C.
- Digestion! Pineapple has enzymes that specifically assist the digestive process.
- Energy! Pineapple contains manganese necessary to convert food to energy!
I bought the sweetest pineapple at the grocery store this week. We just about finished it off, when I cut off a chunk to include in some fruit quesadillas. We decided to cut it up and add other tropical fruits. Our Fruity Breakfast Quesadillas Recipe included:
- and a mango
We then mixed the fruit with some light cream cheese, and spread it between two whole wheat tortillas, and grilled it until the tortillas were crispy.
Chop enough fruit to get 2 cups total of
- 2 cups chopped tropical fruit
- 8 small whole wheat tortillas
- 4 tbl cream cheese, light
- cooking spray
- Chop enough fruit to get 2 cups total of pineapple, strawberries, oranges or mangos.
- Mix cream cheese with fruit.
- Spread equally among four whole wheat tortillas.
- Top with remaining tortillas to make a “sandwich.”
- Heat a non-stick griddle or cast iron skillet. Spray with cooking spray.
- Cook both sides of each quesadilla until crispy.