Cheese balls come in so many different flavors, with lots of different ingredients and toppings. They can range from really great healthy ingredients, to smashed up orange food-dye laden Doritos. This cheese ball is incredibly simple with only 4 ingredients and also an added veggie! We used red bell pepper to decorate our cheese ‘ball’ for a fun and delicious festive dish for a Holiday party! The red bell pepper is sweet and crunchy and compliments perfectly the creamy salty cheese.
To make this, combine your ingredients into a bowl and mix together using a hand mixture, spoon, or stand mixture until creamy. We used White Sharp White cheddar so that it would all be white. Plus – bonus! It doesn’t contain any food dyes. I buy mine at Costco in a 2 lb brick.
Spoon the mixture onto your serving tray, in the shape of a candy cane and use the back of a spoon to finish shaping and smoothing it. Wipe off any excess from your platter.
Dice your red bell peppers into small pieces. Begin to press them onto the cheese in a line. Alternate leaving a space of white cheese in between red bell pepper to look like candy cane stripes.
Serve with pita chips, crackers and veggies sticks!
- 16 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounce sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 6 serving Crackers, wheat, regular
- Combine ingredients (except red pepper) in a large bowl and mix together using a mixer or large spoon. You can also combine ingredients in a stand mixer.
- Shape cheese mixture on a platter into a candy cane shape.
- Dice red bell pepper into very small pieces.
- Press the pepper pieces onto the cheese ball leaving white spaces to look like the stripes of a candy cane. Serve with crackers.