- 8 large egg
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 4 medium apple
- Fill a medium sauce pot halfway full with water; bring to a boil.
- Crack the eggs directly into the boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes or until whites are firm but yolks are still slightly runny.
- While the water is heating and the eggs are cooking, toast your bread (butter with a small amount of butter afterwards if desired).
- Lift eggs out of the water with a slotted spoon so the water can drain off; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve eggs over toast with apple slices on the side.
Calories: 450kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 387mg | Sodium: 510mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 22g