You know the crispness that Fall brings is just around the corner when pumpkin recipes start flooding the internet. Pumpkin is so delicious in baked goods, but it is also a powerhouse when it comes to nutrition, making it a perfect ingredient for a Fall smoothie. This smoothie is like drinking pumpkin pie, except for a lot less sugar and a great boost to start your kid’s day! And for those of you with children who have dairy allergies, we made it dairy free! The great thing about this Dairy-Free Creamy Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe is that you can substitute dairy for non-dairy and vice versa depending on your needs.
So why add pumpkin to your morning smoothie??
- It contains a lot of vitamin-A, providing about 246% of RDA. Vitamin A is a powerful natural anti-oxidant and is required by the body for maintaining the integrity of skin and is also an essential vitamin for good visual sight.
- Pumpkin is a great source of fiber with three grams per one-cup serving and only 49 calories, it can keep you feeling full for longer on fewer calories.
- Pumpkin contains more potassium than a banana with 560mg in one cup of cooked pumpkin!
Potassium can help restore electrolytes and maintain fluids in your body after a good workout. That ensures your muscles recover properly and helps you avoid cramping.
- High in Inflammatory Reducing Beta-Cryptoxanthin and Beta-Carotene. Both of these are powerful antioxidants that help prevent inflammatory disease and strengthen your immune system.
Plus let’s be honest – it tastes amazing!! Nothing says fall like pumpkin, and so why not add into your day first thing?
To make this dairy free, we used Silk%20Pure%20Almond%20Vanilla,%2032-Ounce%20(Pack%20of%206)Almond Milk and Coconut Milk Yogurt in this smoothie. If you haven’t tried coconut milk yogurt, it is a great alternative to Greek yogurt. It is thick and creamy just like Greek yogurt, but dairy-free! Blend all of your ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Serve cold with fun straws for your kids!
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut milk yogurt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (you can add 1 tsp more if you want more spice)
- 1 frozen banana
- ice for desired consistency
- Blend ingredients together until smooth.