- 5 pound whole turkey
- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dried
- 1 tablespoon basil, dried
- 3 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 3 cup green beans
- 2 medium pear
- Place turkey in slow cooker. Dice onions and place on top and around turkey. Pour in broth.
- Mix herbs together with salt and pepper sprinkle over turkey and broth.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425. About 1 hour before turkey is done, wrap sweet potatoes in foil and roast in 425 degree oven for approximately 1 hour. Steam green beans 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve turkey, 1/2 sweet potato, 3/4 cup green beans and pear slices.