- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh
- 2 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium zucchini
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of chicken. Using your fingertips, gently press the seasonings so they adhere to the chicken.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Transfer the chicken to a large plate. Set aside.
- Chops onions and mince garlic. Place onions and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Slice peppers into strips and stir into slow cooker.
- Arrange chicken on the onion mixture. Don’t stir. Sprinkle with rosemary and Parmesan cheese. Cook on low for 3-5 hours or on high for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Cut zucchini into rounds, add to the slow cooker the last hour of cooking.
- Serve the chicken topped with the veggie mixture. Spoon the cooking liquid onto the chicken.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 614mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g