The amazing flavors of minestrone soup combined with the convenience of your crockpot. A delicious and comforting dinner perfect for busy nights!
Crockpot Minestrone Soup
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 cup vegetable broth
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 2 cup navy beans, canned
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon sage, ground
- 1 teaspoon bay leaf, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 8 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 ounce Parmesan cheese
- Wash and chop carrots, celery, onion, and zucchini; set aside with zucchini separated.
- In a slow cooker, combine broth, tomatoes, beans (rinsed and drained of liquid), carrots, celery, onion, thyme, sage, bay leaves, salt, and black pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Thirty minutes before the soup is done cooking, add pasta, zucchini, and spinach. Cover and cook 30 more minutes. Season to taste, adding more salt and black pepper if desired. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over top.