- 1 medium onion
- 1 pound beef roast
- 3 teaspoon OREGANO, DRIED
- 3 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 14 1/2 ounce beef broth
- 6 medium rolls, French
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 1 head lettuce, green leaf
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 cup croutons, plain
- 2 cup cherries
- Chop onion.
- Put the meat into a 6-quart slow cooker (frozen is okay), and top with onions, oregano, basil, and salt.
- Add the can of tomatoes (undrained) and the beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the meat shreds easily with two large forks. After cooking, shred the meat completely, then stir well.
- Toast rolls and slice mozzarella cheese.
- Chop all the veggies for the salad and toss together in a large bowl.
- Add meat and cheese to the toasted rolls; top the salad with croutons and your favorite dressing, and serve with cherries on the side.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 990mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g