Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 1 head lettuce, green leaf
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 cup croutons, plain
- 2 cup cherries
- Chop onion.
- Put the meat into a 6-quart slow cooker (frozen is okay), and top with onions, oregano, basil, and salt.
- Add the can of tomatoes (undrained) and the beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the meat shreds easily with two large forks. After cooking, shred the meat completely, then stir well.
- Toast rolls and slice mozzarella cheese.
- Chop all the veggies for the salad and toss together in a large bowl.
- Add meat and cheese to the toasted rolls; top the salad with croutons and your favorite dressing, and serve with cherries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie