- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 15 ounce pinto beans, canned
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 cup lettuce, romaine
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 medium avocado
- 3 medium tomato, red
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Place chicken in a slow cooker, pour salsa over top, and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked through and can be easily shredded with a fork.
- Remove cooked chicken from slow cooker, shred, and then return to the pot (or simply shred right there in the crock).
- Drain and rinse beans; add to the chicken, along with the corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Replace the cover and continue cooking on low for about 15 minutes until all ingredients are heated through.
- Meanwhile, dice avocados and tomatoes.
- When ready to serve, place lettuce onto plates and top with the chicken mixture, cheese, avocado, tomato, and sour cream as desired.
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 997mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 10g