- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon onions, dehydrated flakes
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper/chili flakes
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 cup pineapple
- Add chicken to crockpot. Chop broccoli and place on top of chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, minced garlic, dried onion, barbecue sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes (if desired). Pour into crockpot, stirring a bit so everything is well coated.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours until chicken is no longer pink.
- About 1/2 hour before serving, begin cooking rice as directed on package.
- Remove chicken from the crockpot and set aside to cool.
- Pour sauce into a large sauce pan. Whisk in the water and cornstarch and cook on low until thickened, stirring constantly to avoid sticking.
- Shred chicken and add back to the sauce, stirring until coated evenly and warmed through.
- Serve chicken over rice, topped with chopped green onions and sesame seeds, with pineapple on the side.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 801mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 21g