- 2 1/2 pound russet potato
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup water
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Boil or steam all 3 pounds of potatoes until tender.
- In a large pot, saute 1 chopped onion in olive oil until translucent, then add 1 quart of chicken broth, 1 cup water, and 3 cups of chopped broccoli florets.
- Roughly chop all but one of the potatoes (set that last one aside for tomorrow) and add them to the broth.
- Bring soup to a simmer until the broccoli is just cooked, then puree it with an immersion blender, leaving some chunks if you like.
- Stir in 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Serve!
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 487mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g