- 2 1/2 pound russet potato
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup water
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Boil or steam all 3 pounds of potatoes until tender.
- In a large pot, saute 1 chopped onion in olive oil until translucent, then add 1 quart of chicken broth, 1 cup water, and 3 cups of chopped broccoli florets.
- Roughly chop all but one of the potatoes (set that last one aside for tomorrow) and add them to the broth.
- Bring soup to a simmer until the broccoli is just cooked, then puree it with an immersion blender, leaving some chunks if you like.
- Stir in 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Serve!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie