These no-bake, healthy Coconut Snowballs are easy and delicious! Make this pretty holiday dessert to share with friends and family at your next holiday gathering.
Hello friends! It’s Amber from Dessert Now, Dinner Later! The holidays can be pretty frightening for someone whose motto is to eat dessert first, but thankfully, today’s dessert is much, MUCH healthier than some of the indulgent desserts I typically make.
These coconut snowballs are made from simple, minimally-processed ingredients. And they taste as good as they look! They’re perfect on a holiday cookie tray and since there’s no baking required, you can even have them ready in a hurry.
Since we are going healthy for today’s dessert, I went with unsweetened coconut flakes and a little bit of organic raw honey to help sweeten these just a bit. You can substitute the honey for pure maple syrup to make these vegan.
The best part? These coconut snowballs are no-bake, so they are easy to make, and they are thick and chewy, which makes them super pleasing to your palate. I definitely feel satisfied eating only one. It’s a great treat without getting too indulgent.
How to Make Coconut Snowballs
Get your food processor out for this recipe! It’s going to do all the heavy lifting for you.
First, process the melted coconut oil with a cup of shredded coconut.
Then, add in the honey, vanilla, cinnamon, coconut oil, and salt, and process again until smooth. Add all but 2 tablespoons of the remaining coconut shreds and process once more.
Next, shape the dough into 12 balls with your hands, and roll the balls in the last of the coconut shreds. They look like real little snowballs at this stage– so cute!
Place them on a parchment-paper-lined plate and refrigerate for at least an hour so they get nice and firm.
Extra bonus! My kids loved to help make these coconut snowballs. Rolling them in their hands and dipping them in the coconut flakes was so much fun!
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Melt the coconut oil and place it with 1 cup of the shredded coconut in a food processor. Process on high speed, scraping down the sides periodically until it reaches a paste-like consistency. (It does not have to be completely smooth like coconut butter; some texture is good.)
- Add the honey, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and process until well combined. Add 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons of shredded coconut and pulse until just combined.
- Shape the mixture into 12 (1-inch) balls and coat with the remaining 2 Tablespoons of shredded coconut. Refrigerate for at least an hour and up to 5 days. Eat cold or bring to room temperature before eating, depending on personal preference.
- Makes 12 Coconut Snowballs.
- Swap the honey with pure maple syrup to make these vegan.