- 30 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 cup, chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 4 medium peach
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Toss chickpeas into a blender or food processor. Add broth and blend together until mostly smooth. Set aside.
- Mince garlic. Heat oil into a large saucepan over medium and saute garlic for 1 minute. Add kale and allow it to wilt; 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and kale to chickpeas gradually, while pulsing after each addition. You may continue to blend until kale has fully mixed in smoothly or leave some bits of kale. (This will depend on how you and your family will most enjoy the texture).
- Pour chickpea mixture large saucepan used for the garlic and kale. Heat over medium and allow to come to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add in curry powder, cumin, honey, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and then continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and whisk to combine. Allow to heat through.
- Serve soup warm with pitas cut into triangles and slices of fresh peaches.
Calories: 630kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Sodium: 1566mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 17g