- 1 1/2 cup oats, dry
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup wheat germ
- 1/8 cup flaxseed, ground
- 5 large egg white
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 none cooking spray
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, pure
- 2 medium banana
- Place oats in a blender or food processor; blend only until some of the oats start to break down (do not blend into a flour).
- Add processed oats to a medium-size mixing bowl, and stir in cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, wheat germ, and flax; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla; then add to the oat mixture and stir to combine. (Batter will be thick; stir in water a little at a time until the desired consistency is reached.)
- Spray a large skillet or griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the hot skillet; cook 2-3 minutes per side until pancakes are cooked through and golden. Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Serve pancakes topped with butter, syrup, and/or banana slices as desired.
Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 95mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 20g