Chickpea and Butternut Squash StewPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound butternut squash
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 2 tablespoon curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup green peas, frozen
- 2 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 medium mango
- Chop onion, garlic, and cilantro; set aside separately.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium. Add onion and saute for 6-7 minutes; add garlic and saute for 1 minute longer.
- While onions are cooking, cut squash into cubes the size of the chickpeas (this will allow for more even cooking).
- Add curry paste to onions and cook for 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Add squash, drained and rinsed chickpeas, coconut milk, water, and salt. Increase the heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice as directed on package.
- Once squash is fork tender, uncover skillet and allow liquid to reduce a bit, cooking for approximately 3-5 minutes. Stir in the spinach, peas, and coconut flakes; allow to heat through. Season with pepper and top with cilantro.
- Serve over rice with mango on the side.