This Fall inspired sheet-pan dinner is fast and easy, but tastes amazingly delicious with a slow roasted flavor baked in.
This chicken and Fall veggie dish couldn’t be any easier to make! With these simple and delicious ingredients like butternut squash, chicken breast, broccoli, red onion and a few spices you can make a simple and flavorful meal. It has so much flavor and it’s a good way to get in some of your favorite veggies without much prep.
Delicious dinner for kids and adults
The method you use to make this meal gives every bite a burst of flavor. Just toss your chicken and vegetables with olive oil and seasonings in a ziploc bag, then pour them onto a large baking sheet. If your kids don’t like a particular veggie (red onion), there are plenty of others to choose from. You leave the pieces in big enough bites that they can choose which veggies they want on their plate. The dried cranberries give it a little pop of sweetness that kids really eat up (literally).
How to Make Chicken and Fall Roasted Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Peel and cut squash into 1/2 inch cubes. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces, broccoli into smaller florets and onion into slices. Add to a ziploc bag and toss with olive oil and seasonings. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Toss around halfway through roasting to get the pieces evenly baked and caramelized. You will know its done, when the veggies are tender and chicken no longer pink inside. Once you remove the veggies and chicken from the oven, stir in the walnuts and cranberries. While your dinner is baking in the oven, start your rice cooking. They should both get done about the same time. Serve this meal over rice.
Easy Clean up meal
I am not going to lie, my least favorite part of cooking is the clean up. I tend to let it sit until later in the night or until the next morning, which is why I love easy one pot or dish meals like this one so much. We get to eat a full and healthy meal, but the clean up only takes a couple of minutes. Here’s a little tip, when you line your pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper you get away with not having to really wash or scrub the pan! Win Win for everyone.
Dinners like this are exactly what everyone needs more of in their lives.
Chicken, Squash & Veggie Sheet Pan DinnerPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound butternut squash
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 1/2 medium onion, red
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 3/4 teaspoon sage, ground
- 3/4 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 3/4 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup cranberries, dried
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and cut squash into 1/2 inch cubes. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces, broccoli into smaller florets and onion into slices. Add to a large dish and toss with olive oil and seasonings.
- Pour onto a large baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Toss around halfway through roasting. Veggies should be tender and chicken no longer pink inside.
- While roasting cook rice as directed on package.
- Once you remove the veggies and chicken from the oven, stir in the walnuts and cranberries. Serve over rice.