- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dill weed, dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mustard, dijon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium apple
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 stalk celery
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 none cooking spray
- 4 medium carrot
- 4 medium apple
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients (mayonnaise through ground pepper).
- Cook chicken and chop into smaller pieces; shred cheese (if needed) and chop one apple. Add these ingredients to a bowl, along with chopped pecans and diced celery.
- Add the mayo mixture to the chicken mixture, and mix well to coat.
- Portion the chicken salad evenly among bread slices and add spinach, making 4 sandwiches.
- Spray both sides of each sandwich with cooking spray, and cook on a panini maker or indoor grill (or just use a sauté pan if you don’t have either) until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
- Peel carrots and cut into sticks.
- Serve sandwiches with carrots and remaining apples on the side.
Calories: 652kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 729mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 36g