Make these yummy Chicken Pesto Kebabs with your kids for dinner tonight! Small bite size pieces that kids love to assemble themselves.
Easy to Make Kebabs
Kebabs usually mean grilling, but not with these easy Chicken Pesto Kebabs! These are perfect for any season and just take a few minutes to make. Eat them hot or cold too! The kids will love getting to make their skewer and pick out what they want on it.
You don’t have to skewer this pasta. If you don’t have any skewers or simply can’t wait to dive in, just serve it as a regular pasta dish. That’s what my husband did. He smelled the veggies cooking and just couldn’t wait to eat it!
How to Make Chicken Pesto Kebabs
It is so easy to make these kebabs for dinner, lunch or snacks! You can use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken or cook up 2 chicken breasts. The key is cutting your chicken into uniform bit size pieces. You’ll also need some tortellini pasta, which only takes a few minutes to heat up. You’ll toss that in some pesto, give your veggies and quick cook and then toss it all together with your chicken chopped into bite sized pieces.
Once the pasta has cooled down enough to touch with your fingers, you’ll start to skewer! This is where the kids can join in on the fun and make their own skewers. You can make them as big or as small as you want and add the veggies you love! You can make them all perfect alternating between each item on the plate or make them random. Your kids will love getting to make their own dinner and being allowed to play with their food!
Kebabs Make the Perfect Snacks
Have leftovers? Great! These make perfect snacks. Just pile your extra kebabs into a tupperware and place in the fridge. When the kids start to get a little hungry or you need something on the way out the door just grab a skewer. No dirty dishes to clean after this snack! It has protein and veggies so you’ll feel full until the next meal. If you need more find kebab ideas, we have them! Our Pizza Kebabs are super tasty!
You can also add olives and other veggies to these skewers. If you’re planning on serving them cold, I love adding cucumbers and tomatoes. Just add those when you skewer, no need to cook them!
Enjoy our delicious and kid friendly Chicken Pesto Kebabs!
Chicken Pesto Kebabs
- 3 cup tortellini pasta
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 2 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, white
- 6 pieces Chicken Breast Tenders, Cooked
- 15 wooden skewers
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain water and return to the pan. Add pesto sauce and stir well.
- Chop bell pepper into bite sized pieces and add to a large skillet with the olive oil and the mushrooms. Sauté over medium heat until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes. Add pasta with pesto to pan and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Cube cooked chicken into bite sized pieces
- Once cooled enough to handle, skewer pasta, veggies and chicken in any order you want! The kids can even help to make their own! Serve warm or cold. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.