- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Chicken Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 15 ounce corn, canned
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup raspberries
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and the next 9 ingredients (through cumin).
- Slice chicken and toss with the fajita seasoning. Slice the bell pepper and onion.
- Heat skillet over medium and add oil.
- Once oil is hot, add pepper and onion, saute for 5 minutes. Add chicken and continue cooking until no longer pink. Once fully cooked, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Drain and rinse beans and corn. Add to the skillet the chicken was cooked in; heat through.
- Add rice to bowl, top with chicken, veggies, beans, shredded cheese, sliced avocado and salsa. Serve with raspberries on the side.
Calories: 755kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 1969mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 11g