- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 medium tomato, red
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 cup pineapple
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet or dutch oven.
- Mince garlic; dice onion and bell pepper. Add both to hot oil and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Dice tomatoes and cut chicken into cubes of desired size; add both to pepper and onion. Stir together and then add stock, chili powder, salt, and cumin; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add rice and frozen corn; mix well. Cover and continue to cook for 30-45 minutes more until rice has softened and chicken is fully cooked.
- Top with sliced avocado and serve pineapple on the side.
Calories: 535kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 690mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 16g