- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large egg
- 2 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 cup raspberries
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. Zest the lemon.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon zest. Press together with a fork to allow the fragrance of the zest to mix into the sugar.
- Whisk together the eggs and buttermilk; stir into sugar.
- Juice the lemon. Melt the butter, then set aside to cool.
- Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice, the melted butter, and the vanilla to the sugar mixture and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients; gradually add to the wet ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Drizzle oil onto griddle; swirl to coat. Drop pancake batter onto griddle 1/4 cup at a time; cook until pancakes are golden, flipping 1/2 way through cooking to brown both sides.
- Serve topped with butter and raspberries.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 590mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g