A new cauliflower recipe for you! Have you ever heard of Cauliflower steak?
Have you tried slicing cauliflower like this? Instead of florets, you can slice it from the top to the bottom, creating long, easy-to-eat thin slices. To make “cauliflower steaks” simply marinate the cauliflower in your favorite steak marinade and roast it! The marinade can be anything, but we enjoy one with a garlicky, salty taste.
Cauliflower is a healthy vegetable! So many people assume because of the white color that it may be void or lacking in important nutrients. But that couldn’t be further from the truth. The cauliflower is actually classified with other cruciferous veggies, having many of the same nutrient properties that they have, and are protective against health problems such as cancer! (source)
So, we used our cauliflower and made it the star of our dinner last night!
Other ways we enjoy eating cauliflower is to puree it and add it to things like mashed potatoes!
So, anyway, we started with the sliced cauliflower and made a marinade that included:
- Soy sauce
- pineapple juice
- dry mustard
But as I said, you can try a variety of different marinades for different flavors!
Once the marinade was mixed up, we soaked the slices of cauliflower for about 5 minutes.
Then, using a pan for roasting, we roasted it in the oven at 425 for about 15 minutes.
This was delicious served with a tropical fruit salad and edamame for protein!
FYI : Every Monday we post ideas for a meal plan! Our paid version has this meal plan with the recipes, shopping list and nutrition data. Or you can use the ideas for free with your own recipes! Print them each week!
Cauliflower Teriyaki SteakPrint Pin Rate
- 1 head medium (5-6″ dia.) cauliflower
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice, unsweetened
- 2 serving 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp ginger root, fresh
- 2 tsp mustard, ground
- 2 clove garlic
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice cauliflower lengthwise, into “steaks”.
- Combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, molasses, ginger, dry mustard, and garlic in a glass dish.
- Marinate cauliflower by placing in the dish and soaking for about 5 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from marinade and arrange on a broiling pan.
- Cook at 425 for 10 minutes. flip over and cook 5 more.
- Serve with pineapple!