Broccoli Cream Soup
This simple comfort food is perfect for both fall and winter meals. Save leftovers in the freezer for easy reheating.Print Pin Rate
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 slice bread, french
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Separate broccoli florets from the head. Meaure 1.5 cups of broccoli and set aside.
- Chop the remaining broccoli. Melt the butter in 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium pan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Then add broccoli, broth and water, boil. Cover and allow broccoli to soft, approximately 15 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining olive oil and add the remaining broccoli, cover. Broccoli will begin to brown, cooking will be approximately 5 minutes.
- Slowly puree the soup in a high powered blender until smooth. Then put back in the saucepan, stir in milk and cream, boil, stir occasionally.
- Pour soup into bowls, place sauted broccoli on top.
- Toss the bread on baking sheet, top with mozzarella and tomatoes and bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted.
Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 895mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g