- 4 medium russet potato
- 3 medium carrot
- 3 medium beet
- 1/2 medium head cabbage
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 can diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 slices bread, Italian
- 4 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 sprigs dill
- Begin by prepping your vegetables: peel and chop potatoes, carrots and beets; shred cabbage, chop onion. Set beets aside separately.
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat; add potatoes, carrots, cabbage and onion; sauté until cabbage softens.
- Next, add beets, broth, can of tomatoes (undrained), lemon juice, salt and pepper; cook down until soft enough to blend into a pureed soup. (If desired, some soup may be left chunky to offer more texture).
- May be served with whole grain Italian bread, sour cream and dill if desired.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 872mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 15g