- 4 medium russet potato
- 12 ounce Fish, cod, Atlantic, raw
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 cup asparagus
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange racks in upper and lower thirds of oven.
- Cut 2 large or 4 medium potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Rinse well in a large bowl of cold water, and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Transfer to a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each coarse salt and pepper; toss well. Arrange strips in an even layer on the sheet. Bake on lower rack until golden and crisp, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place fish fillets in a large bowl. Add buttermilk, and gently turn fish to coat. In another shallow bowl, combine cornmeal, paprika, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add fillets to cornmeal one at a time, turning to completely coat. Transfer to a plate while repeating with remaining fillets.
- Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining tablespoon of oil; swirl to coat. Add fillets, being careful not to overcrowd pan. Cook until nicely crusted, about 1 minute; turn over with a spatula. Place skillet in top third of oven, and cook until firm but beginning to flake when pressed in the center, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to plates, and serve with potatoes. Serve lemon wedges and malt vinegar on the side. Serve with steamed asparagus.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 396mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g